As property owners ourselves, we totally understand that letting a property can be a time consuming and sometimes stressful experience.
Oak County Property Management’s objective is to offer you the most trouble free service possible. With the benefit of 20 years experience within property, finance and marketing, the service we provide can guarantee ‘peace of mind’, which is why so many landlords continue to use this service year on year.
Listed below are details of our packages:
1. Fully Managed
2. Tenant-find Only
3. Marketing Only
Please note, that we are flexible and are generally able to adapt our service to meet our client’s individual circumstances, therefore should you require us to take on additional tasks and duties to those listed, please do not hesitate to ask.
You can expect us to:
- Assess your property and provide you with a realistic rental valuation
- Discuss responsibilities of landlords re safety etc and make any necessary arrangements prior to marketing, eg. EPC, Gas Safety Certificate
- Photograph your property & prepare window display
- Provide ‘TO LET’ board outside property where appropriate.
- Upload details to our website
- Advertise your property regularly -locally to include relevant newspapers, journals etc, and nationally eg. Google, etc.
- Accompany ALL prospective tenants to viewings.
- Interview applicants, process credit checks and obtain references to compile a financial profile of the tenant ensuring their suitability.
- Provide an Intial FREE RENT GUARANTEE*
- Prepare a detailed Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement in accordance with up-to-date regulations/legal requirements and obtain a signature by the tenant.
- Obtain a deposit (bond) from the tenant usually equivalent to at least one months’ rent and place this with Deposit Protection Service.
- Prepare a VIDEO Inventory recording the condition of the property.
- Check the tenants into the property, hand over keys, record utility meters, inform tenants of the utility suppliers and their responsibilities.
- Inform Council Tax office with details of new tenant
- Collect rent monthly in advance, pay you promptly in cleared funds to a designated account of your choice and provide a monthly statement, detailing all income and expenditure.
- Complete Inland Revenue forms for landlords based overseas.
- Inspect the property regularly, initially every three months and report any problems to you.
- Arrange any necessary maintenance on the property, using either your own contractors if requested or our panel of contractors, who are regularly re-evaluated on their reliability and cost efficiency.
- Arrange with the tenants their renewal with a signed agreement in place throughout the tenancy, unless periodic tenancy agreed by you.
- Check out tenants as required after carrying out a final inspection of the property.
- Arrange for deposit to be returned from DPS, liaising with tenants should there be any disputes.
* A Free rent guarantee would be provided for the initial six month tenancy. We would be happy to arrange for an extension of this where possible.